HYCU at AWS re:Invent – What to Know Before You Go
Following on from the latest updates to our award-winning HYCU Protégé platform, members of our executive and sales leadership team are heading to AWS re:Invent in Las Vegas next week to showcase HYCU Protégé for AWS and share more on how we have been driving innovation for our AWS customers and partners. Most importantly, we’ll be sharing more on how we continue to do things that are fundamentally different!
Are you attending AWS re:Invent 2022? If so, protecting workloads running on AWS just got a whole lot easier with HYCU Protégé for AWS, and we want you to experience it first-hand.
Different by design and breaking free from the pain of traditional data protection solutions
- Built natively for AWS – HYCU utilizes native snapshots and AWS Identity Access Management (IAM), resourcing tagging, S3 storage tiers, and elasticity.
- Agentless, impact-free backups – Utilizing native snapshots and impact-free backups, HYCU gives you full protection without the lag and performance of on-premises tools.
- Dynamic scaling and 100% SaaS – HYCU automatically scales up/down based on your application needs and you only pay for what you use. No upfront payments and no painful upgrades.
- 100% ownership of your data – Maintain complete control of your data while benefiting from a fully managed service. We will never store your data; we only protect it.
- Deploy 10x faster – Do not waste time on configuration, patches, or upgrades, simply install and protect in minutes.
- DevOps enabled – Protect your application in less than five minutes and recover with 1-click. It’s so simple anyone can do it.
- 100% data privacy and sovereignty – You can own your data, HYCU will never store it. Eliminate the countless hours of managing compliance and regulations with vendors who store and control your data.
“We needed an optimal solution to address using AWS S3 as a target for multi-site backups. HYCU delivered native S3 object lock for data immutability along with superior support to ensure we have the confidence that our data protection needs are being met and available in the event of a recovery as quickly as possible.” – Peter Doyon, Director of IT, Auto Europe
AWS – Free tier for life
Earlier this year, we announced the availability of a new free tier of HYCU Protégé for AWS with zero time or capacity restrictions. Until recently, the most cost-effective solution customers had was to leverage native snapshots in the cloud and write scripts to perform basic backup operations which led to challenges such as:
- Having to write scripts, test them and perform continuous maintenance.
- Performing granular recoveries (file, folders, and disks) require extensive work and scripts.
- Not knowing if your instances are protected.
- Knowing where your backups and protection status are required for 24x7 monitoring.
- Having to write scripts to automate the creation of copies or Disaster Recovery Instances across multiple regions.
We believe all data protection should be “shockingly simple,” especially in the cloud and now you can solve all those challenges with a free-tier and fully managed service of HYCU Protégé for AWS.
To get started, click here or visit us on Product Hunt and you’ll be able to subscribe for free. No billing rights or credit card is needed. Just make sure you have your AWS account ID handy.
Recently announced product updates offer new data mobility and security enhancements which expanded our use cases within AWS. Highlights include:
Amazon S3 bucket data protection
HYCU for AWS has extended its scope of data protection to include Amazon S3 buckets, allowing you to protect your data in buckets with fast and reliable backup and restore operations, including the use of pre-backup and post-backup scripts to perform necessary actions before and after the backup of a bucket is performed.
HYCU for AWS can now create a Windows VSS snapshot for instances running Microsoft Windows to ensure application consistency of backup data by creating an IAM role for VSS-enabled snapshots and attaching it to the instance in AWS.
HYCU controller deployment through the UI
HYCU for AWS now enables you to use the HYCU for AWS web user interface to deploy an HYCU backup controller instance to AWS in the event of a disaster in the on-premises data protection environment.
We’ll see you in Vegas
Connecting with us at AWS re:Invent is just as simple as HYCU Protégé for AWS. Here are 3-easy ways to join us:
- Stop by booth #2748 and enter to win a pair of custom HYCU Nike Protégés* See for yourself how simple HYCU Protégé for AWS really is and learn how you can do more with your AWS workloads across our hybrid environment.
- Book a meeting and attend and receive a $50 Amazon gift card. Meet with members of our executive team and sales leadership to discuss your specific projects and how HYCU can help. One $50 Amazon gift card per meeting scheduled. Space books up fast, so request your meeting today.
- Attend the DevOps & Darts evening event! After a busy day at the show what better way to unwind than with drinks, apps, music by DJ Graffiti. . . and, darts! Join us for DevOps and Darts happy hour at the Flight Club in the Venetian Grand Canal Shoppes on Wednesday, Nov. 30th, from 6:30-9:30 PM PT. Presented by GitLab, HYCU, JupiterOne, Mezmo, Spacelift, Sysdig, and VMware.
There is no better way to celebrate all things AWS, HYCU, and the future of hybrid and multi-cloud data protection than with what we do best – managing, protecting, and recovering data across on-premises to AWS.
We look forward to seeing you all in Vegas!