2021 Highlights, Taking HYCU to the Next Level
Happy New Year!
In many ways, 2021 was a milestone year for HYCU. We entered our third year as a standalone company. We secured our first round of institutional funding and we continued to deliver on the promise that there is a better way to manage, protect and recover data across multi-cloud platforms, from on-premises to the public cloud. We added new customers. We added new partners. We expanded around the globe. And we’re entering 2022 stronger than ever before.
Here are just a few highlights from 2021:
1. Raised an $87.5M Series A round from Bain Capital Ventures and Acrew Capital. Bain’s largest A Round for a Boston-based company in history.
2. Achieved triple digit YoY ARR growth.
3. Ended the year with more than 3,000 customers.
4. Achieved NRR >135%.
5. Hired 130 people in five countries in customer support, services, sales, engineering, marketing and HR including Justin Endres as Worldwide Sales Lead.
6. Maintained our industry-leading 91 NPS Score.
7. Launched HYCU Protégé for AWS.
8. Launched HYCU Protégé for Kubernetes.
9. Launched HYCU Protégé for Office 365.
10. Introduced R-Score with FireEye, Inc. Mandiant, SADA, Carahsoft and others. The industry’s first public service initiative designed to provide a framework to measure resiliency and recovery. More information available at www.getrscore.org.
11. Opened HYCU Austin!
12. HYCU and several team members were also recognized throughout the year. In total, more than 40 times for technology innovation, emerging leader status, being one of the coolest as well as hottest. Our most recent recognition from BostInno as one of Boston’s 50 on Fire was particularly noteworthy. It was great to see so much interest in HYCU the company, what we offer our partners and customers and the individuals that make it all happen.
While this is just a snippet of all the great things we did in 2021, none of this would have been possible without our outstanding team. My heartfelt thanks goes out to each and every member of HYCU that helped make this and so much more happen. Stay tuned, we are just getting started. There is so much more to come in 2022, and the year is still early!
Warm regards and Happy New Year!