Delivering the best possible user experience is not an easy task. Various components and aspects have to be taken into account to achieve high availability and superior performance. Application delivery controllers like F5 BIG-IP are typically first in line to process incoming users by offering load balancing, high availability, security and other services.
With the newest version of our F5 BIG-IP Management Pack you can use Device Performance reports to observe user activity and device performance consumption in a single view. Device performance reports show the effects of user activity on BIG-IP resource consumption. In many cases, these reports can report on significant challenges, such as:
- Business growth: when the number of user connections and traffic increases with business growth, there is a need to support this additional load. Without insight into the additional loads, users run the risk of reaching limitation of their systems which can in turn have a negative impact on the overall user experience.
- Different user behavior: keeping track of sudden increases in traffic during specific moments in time, especially because of certain events or holidays, can have a negative impact if not planned for in advance.
- New application versions: new versions can change user interaction patterns with the system. For example by supporting large file uploads or publishing additional content application can generate additional resource consumption on BIG-IP devices.
- Application configuration changes: Adding items like additional security, or using new modules, can also trigger unexpected resource consumption that can affect overall user experience.
- BIG-IP Upgrades: Hotfixes and configuration problems can sometimes change BIG-IP behavior in terms of resource consumption.
By using Device Performance reports, resource consumption increases can be detected and proactively addressed to prevent reaching system limitations and help eliminate negative effects on the overall user experience. Below we can see an example of such a report:
F5 BIG-IP Device Performance reports
Customers, who are already using HYCU SCOM MP for F5 BIG-IP, can get HYCU monitoring free of charge by upgrading to the latest version available on our support portal.
If you need any more information or would like to hear about our product benefits or discuss your monitoring needs, feel free to contact us at email@example.com, or you can download a 45-day free trial with full feature set.