Integrated Data Protection with HYCU for Nutanix on AWS
For those Nutanix customers that need true multi-cloud protection for VMs and Apps running on Nutanix, both on-prem and in the Cloud, HYCU is here to help. First off, congratulations to the Nutanix team on the recent announcement of the general availability of Nutanix Clusters on AWS. With this availability, Nutanix’s Enterprise Cloud infrastructure software and services can now run on bare-metal Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instances on AWS. If you are wondering, why to run Nutanix infrastructure on the cloud, then you need to look closely at the use cases. Here are three use cases that make Nutanix Clusters a perfect fit for the cloud:
- Cloud Bursting: Many businesses have burst workloads during their peak seasons and need a cost-effective way to run them.
- Disaster Recovery On Demand: As we all know, disaster recovery (DR) plans are a must have, but having to double the infrastructure spend for a once in a blue moon occurrence doesn’t make a lot of economic sense. This makes the importance of a cost-effective DR plan is essential.
- Advanced Test/Dev: Testing Applications and Infrastructure in a real-world scenario before they go production is essential. This allows for the “extra” needed spare capacity to do just that.
HYCU is excited to be the first Strategic Technology Partner to have a data protection solution that has been tested and supports Nutanix Clusters on AWS today with HYCU Protégé! This builds on a growing list of firsts and uniques for HYCU and Nutanix. Our Strategic Technology partnership with Nutanix has enabled us to closely work with the Nutanix Clusters team during the development process to make sure HYCU Protégé was ready for it the day it was generally available! As always, HYCU complements Nutanix’s solutions with compelling value for customers. Here are just a few of many:
- Familiar Look and Feel: Customers will now be able to protect the data on-prem or on the cloud with the same User Interface.
- Application Consistency: If applications migrate from On-prem onto the cloud, the customer does not have to change any data protection setting. HYCU will continue to protect it with no additional effort. This allows customers to maintain all of the history and saves critical resources and time.
- Cost-effective DR: Depending on a customer’s Recovery Time Objective (RTO), customers can now leverage HYCU Protégé to create a extremely cost effective, fully functional DR site on the Cloud. This is not just for VM & Apps, but also for their other Nutanix services like Nutanix Files & Volumes. Here is a quick Nutanix Disaster Recovery On Demand video from Ed Keiper, Nutanix Systems Architect, demonstrating the capability.
This is only the beginning of course. If you want to hear more or see HYCU Protégé for Nutanix on AWS in action, join us at the .NEXT Global Digital Experience from Sept. 8-10. We’re a Platinum Sponsor and will be sharing live demos.
If you’re interested in learning more before then, sign up for a 1:1 personalized session at the following link.
(Note: This blog was updated to reflect HYCU Protégé validation for Nutanix Clusters on AWS)