An out-of-the-box solution for monitoring the health and performance of hyperconverged infrastructure with application awareness
Nutanix makes IT infrastructure invisible with an Enterprise Cloud platform that delivers the agility and economics of the public cloud, without sacrificing the security and control of on-premises infrastructure.
HYCU’s Systems Center Operations Manager Management Pack for Nutanix provides insight into the health and performance of Nutanix and business critical applications through standard IT tools and processes. HYCU’s Application Awareness feature provides IT with a full line of sight from the applications through the supporting infrastructure layers, ensuring a highly available, uninterrupted service running at optimal performance levels.
Monitoring the hyperconverged infrastructure with SCOM
HYCU natively plugs into Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) to monitor Nutanix enterprise clouds including hosts, systems, storage, virtual machines (VMs), data protection and replication. The application awareness feature discovers business critical applications, such as Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Exchange hosted on Nutanix Enterprise Clouds. Business critical application performance relies not only on the performance of the application, but also on the performance of the VMs hosting it. IT can now visualize from the applications to the metal, and monitor and understand how the applications are using compute, storage and virtualization resources.
Key benefits of the HYCU SCOM MP for Nutanix
- Single view over application and infrastructure monitoring layer by using the Application Awareness dashboard, which links application and infrastructure layers together
- Quick summarized overview of Nutanix health state through System Center Operations Manager and Overview dashboards for for detailed consolidated view over Nutanix areas like clusters, hardware, storage, VMs and data protection
- Diagram views visualizing correlations between Nutanix components in Nutanix hardware, storage and data protection areas
- Advanced alerting with more than 250 monitors and VM resource utilization alerts, containing a list of top processes on VM by resource consumption in the exact moment and the information about potential business critical applications VM runs
- Nutanix-Citrix SuperPack provides a set of dashboards correlating Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop and Nutanix infrastructure information to enable pinpointing of potential bottlenecks in Citrix delivery stack
- A set of Reports providing Nutanix infrastructure information, VM right sizing guidelines and capacity planning prognostic Additionally, since SCOM has management packs for a variety of applications (e.g. Citrix, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server and more), it provides a single tool for monitoring Nutanix Enterprise Cloud platforms and applications.
Get started today
Seriously, you really need to experience HYCU to believe it.