Do you have a number of applications distributed over multiple clouds? Is your current multi-cloud strategy causing you to rethink your approach to data protection?
Managing data protection in a multi-cloud environment is uniquely different than in a traditional on-prem data center setting. There are a number of best practices that will ensure the most effective data protection, with the least risk or surprises.
The purpose of this guide is to help you navigate through the evaluation process when considering a backup as a service (BaaS) solution.
As we see it with customers, there are 9-Ways to Get BaaS right. Here’s a quick look at what they are:
- Choosing the Right Class of Solution – Simplicity and Agility
- Upkeep and Maintenance for the Cloud Operations Model - Accommodate Changing Needs Effortlessly/Less Complications
- Automating Protection - “Set and Forget”
- Leave No Application Behind - Automated and Default Assignment
- Recoverability - Speeds up Recovery and Relieves Pressure
- Cloning - Flexible Cloning Abilities = Added Value
- Data Migration and Disaster Recovery - A Cost-Effective and Intelligent Solution
- Organizational Scaling - Multi-Tenancy, Out-of-the-Box Support
- Cost Efficiency - Only Pay for What you Need