Empty Comtrade Citrix StoreFront Application details
Product: Comtrade SCOM Management Pack for Nutanix
Published: October 12, 2016
Issue / Symptom
Event log displays error:
Script_35bea15efaca41249c3879d8c142a7b9 : Remote management connection to VM <hostname> ‘<ip address>’ failed with message Host type could not be automatically determined – neither WinRM nor SSH can be used to manage the host. This could indicate unsupported host operating system type, or some connection problem (e.g. invalid credentials or invalid host name). If the host is running Windows, verify that it has WinRM enabled; if the host is running Linux, verify that it has SSH enabled. Connection to the host via WinRM failed (Microsoft.Management.Infrastructure.CimException) with the following message: “Access is denied.” Connection to the host via SSH failed (System.Net.Sockets.SocketException) with the following message:
“No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it <ip address>:22“
After this message we can also see error:
Script_35bea15efaca41249c3879d8c142a7b9 : Empty Comtrade Citrix StoreFront Application details
Solution / Advice
We need to check Comtrade MP for Nutanix AppAwareness Citrix Admin Account configuration in SCOM console.
Follow the steps…
Check if account is created:
- Open SCOM console and navigate to Administration -> Run As Configuration -> Accounts
- Check if the account for Citrix Admin Accounts created. This account must have Basic Authentication type.
- This account must be local administrator on monitored VM machines
- If account exists, check account credentials to be sure that proper username and password are provided to account
- Create the new account if the account is not already created.
Check if account is assigned to Profile and properly distributed:
- In SCOM console, navigate to: Administration -> Run As Configuration -> Profiles
- Search for Comtrade MP for Nutanix AppAwareness Citrix Admin Account and open this profile
- Select Run As Accounts in opened wizard
- Check if appropriate Account is assigned for Nutanix Cluster. If NOT, click on Add/Edit option to assign new account. This account is the same account created under Accounts section above.
- Click Save when you add proper account
- Now, check account distribution. Click on the link in Run As Profile wizard. The new window will pop up. Under Selected computers you should have all SCOM management servers that are under Comtrade Nutanix Management Resource Pool