October 04 2021
Locations United States - Massachusetts
As Director of Product Marketing, you and your team are responsible for making HYCU’s Data Protection Offerings “fly-off the shelf.” Your goal is to be the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You will be the product portfolio evangelist and will lead our product launches.
You will know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You will also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork. You will back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
You will be a player-coach who will recruit, enable, and provide product marketing leadership for your growing team.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products we deliver in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Work with your Marketing counterparts to assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support our products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new offerings and releases of existing aaS offerings and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Identify, recruit and nurture top-notch product marketing talent for this journey
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred), and 10+ years of B2B Software product marketing experience, with minimum of 3 years of SaaS required.
- 3+ years building & managing a team; recruitment and mentorship of the team
- Preferred experience with marketing to a global audience
- Knowledge of Data Protection or Infrastructure Management Offerings preferred
- Has worked in a high growth start up environment
- Ability to create compelling marketing content from complex technical details
- Strong project management skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
· Possess a Player-Coach mentality: willing to roll up sleeves and execute
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!