Better Failover Readiness Monitoring, Discovery of Pools Assigned by LTM Policies, Just a Few of the Latest Enhancements with Version 5.1 of the Comtrade SCOM Management Pack for F5 BIG-IP
In keeping with our mission to provide intelligent and proactive monitoring to help maximize up-time and security of applications delivered using F5 BIG-IP, we’re proud to announce the latest release of the Comtrade SCOM Management Pack for F5 BIG-IP.
With the latest enhancements we upgraded our intelligent and proactive monitoring of failover readiness with the ability to monitor Local Traffic Manager (LTM) configuration syncing between devices and alert if a configuration is out of sync. Out of the sync configuration is problem once failover happens. If settings for the LTM elements (e.g. Virtual server) are not synced, your traffic processing will not be the same as it was before and your application may become unavailable for some customers or performing badly for others.
We already monitor and alert on:
- Different states in failover group
- Number of devices available in the failover group, and
- Passive devices ability to connect to pool members (servers)
With LTM configuration sync monitoring we have added yet another check to make sure once failover happens all of your applications will continue to work without problems.
We also added the ability to discover and visualize relations between virtual servers and pools assigned to them using LTM Policies.
Thanks to this we support monitoring and easy understanding of complex scenarios where multiple pools are used per single virtual server. This helps for easier troubleshooting.
The latest version also brings a number of small improvements and fixes:
- Ability to monitor virtual servers on the devices with internal virtual servers configured. Internal virtual servers are not monitored.
- Ability to monitor DNS Wide IP’s when there are multiple Wide IP’s with the same name but of different type
- Increase in number of ASM policies per device discovery and ability to skip discovery of attack signatures
A non-disruptive, in-place, upgrade is available for all product versions starting with version 3.0.0.